Friday 13 November 2015

The easy aspect is that you know each of their working styles and can adapt accordingly.”

She is wrapping up Memu , a thriller where she plays the lead protagonist. “I feel I’ve been in the industry long enough to rally a film around myself. Something like Arundhati has eased my nerves about that. Had I been offered such films early in my career, I would have given it a second thought,” Trisha adds. At a time when she’s getting to work with actors and directors, like Siddharth, Kamal Haasan, Ganesh Venkatraman, Ajith and Gautham Menon the second time around, the comfort level on the sets has taken a big leap, she reveals. “In a long career, this is bound to happen. The easy aspect is that you know each of their working styles and can adapt accordingly.”
Talking about Yennai Arindhaal, where she shed stereotypes by playing a divorcee, a mother and stepping into a relationship with an unmarried cop, she shares, “I turned down the film, for it was also a two-heroine project with my role being shorter. Over time though, the Gautham Menon factor convinced me enough on the portrayal. It’s only after a part like Hemanika that people realised I could come close to a certain Jessie ( Vinnaithaandi Varuvaya ). Looking back, I feel it would have been the biggest regret of my career, hadn’t I taken up the role,” she confesses.
  1.  Has the way she’s handled success and failure changed over the years? “In my early days, probably, failure didn’t matter.
  2.  Even the choices I took weren’t those templated ones. But now, it affects me inside. Before coming to the industry too, I knew how to handle my highs and lows. 
  3. Regarding success though, I try to relish it supremely,” Trisha says. Given her following in both Tamil and Telugu, it’s timely that the actress has opened up to more bilinguals, helping her reduce the time-gap between each of her films in the industries. 
  4. She feels there are advantages and disadvantages. “Positively, you get to do two films at once. On the flipside, it’s tedious to do the same shot yet again,” the actress opines.


Has she noticed any differences in Kamal Haasan from the time of Manmadha n Ambu toThoongavanam ? “His method, the way he conducts rehearsals, has remained the same. It’s perfect homework {script} when you know not only about your role in the movie, but are also provided with a wholesome view of the film and its atmosphere. 
  • It’s more special for me this time, as I have a unique action block with him.
  •  It was a good change to take on a hero,” she laughs. The film,
  •  releasing for Deepavali, she adds, is an intelligent thriller, apt for today’s audience.

“The extremism and religious intolerance that was on the rise after Narendra Modi came to power in India received a setback as the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) suffered a thumping defeat in the Bihar state assembly elections, The News International, reported under the front-page headline ’Modi’s BJP bites the dust in Bihar for its extremism’
It said that Mr. Modi had turned the Bihar poll into a test of his popularity, addressing dozens of rallies and promising voters billions of dollars for development in a poor state where two-thirds of the population does not have access to even electricity.
There’s a lot being written about her personal life, with her engagement being called off, and talk of relationships with co-stars. She is not worried. “In each of the cases, only I know what and why those things happened. There are presumptions when you don’t know the truth. If similar things were written about my contemporaries, maybe I’d have trusted them. It’s really alright,” Trisha signs off.

Kamal Haasan’s method, the way he conducts rehearsals, has remained the same. You are provided with a wholesome view of the film

No comments:

Post a Comment